The unit is led by Jonathan Bunt, Corporate Financial Controller, who works closely with his colleagues as the management team.
The units vision is to achieve 'Excellence in Financial Management'. Its mission is to ensure that the council's money is spent wisely, in accordance with the Council's priorities and sound financial management principles, in a reliable, professional and customer focused way.
Core activities include:
- Corporate financial planning and policy review
- Formulation of the Medium Term Financial Strategy
Provision of financial advice
- Provision of timely financial and management accounting information
- Preparation of Capital and Revenue Estimates and Accounts
- Budgetary control
- Financial accounting and control
- Oversight of Grant claims
- Production of financial statistics
- Oversight of Borrowing and Lending
- Treasury management including pension fund investment, and
- External inspections and performance assessments
Customers and major partners
A list of our stakeholders.
Further information about the work of this unit can be found on the About our service page.