The aim of the market development team is to create the conditions in which residents can purchase services and support to meet their outcomes.
We engage with local people and key stakeholders in the co-production of services to make sure the local market offers choice, flexibility and helps people to achieve their aims.
We will stimulate the market and support the development of new and different services which respond flexibly to people who require support, intervening in the market only when it fails to respond to the needs of people.
Key areas of focus around our Market Development project work are:
- Work with the market to create the conditions for innovation and improvement that will lead to the development of a range of responsive services.
- Promote and stimulate social enterprise, mutual's, user led organisations and increased social capital.
- Make sure there is easy to access early intervention and preventative schemes with the voluntary and community sector, including social enterprise models.
- Promote access to universal services such as leisure, adult education, cultural and recreational opportunities, and address the underlying causes of ill-health and social isolation.
- Make sure that the market delivers efficient services that offer value for money to residents.