Becoming a parent isn't always easy. If you are a young parent, you may find that the changes ahead are even more challenging. Don't panic, we are here to help.
All children's centres can give information, advice and guidance to young parents as well as access to the wide range of health, education and family support services currently on offer.
Abbey Children's Centre in Barking and William Bellamy Children's Centre in Dagenham are the 2 main young parent hubs and they are able to signpost young parents to specific services across the borough.
If you are a young parent aged 19 and under they can help you to:
Find out about childcare and training
- Find childcare and childcare funding
- Return or continue with your education or training
Find out about health services
- Access health care services
- Health Services
Find out about help with money and housing
- Entitlements and Benefit advice
- Access housing advice
Find out about other services available
- Access universal and targeted family support services at children's centres
- Other services at children's centres
- More information and advice
- Young parents forum