You can complain by:
- Completing a Complaint form online
- Filling in an online complaint form or downloading our Complaint leaflet
- Writing (no stamp needed) to the Corporate Complaints Team at the address shown
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 8215 3011
- Fax: 020 8227 5184
- Minicom: 020 8227 5755
- In person to any Council Officer
What is a complaint?
You can complain if:
- You have not been treated with courtesy and fairness
- You are unhappy about the standard of service you have received
- We have failed to provide a service to which you are entitled; or
- You are unhappy about the action taken by us
Complaints about council policies
These are normally outside our Complaints Procedure but we will consider whether the policy needs reviewing because of what you say.
Complaints against Councillors
The procedure for making complaints against an elected Member of the Council.
Members of the Council Complaint Form
Children, Adult and Community Services
If your complaint is about Adult and Community Services please use the Online Adult and Community Services complaint facility.
If your complaint is about a Children's Service, you can find out More information and links.
If your complaint is about an individual school you should contact the Head Teacher first. Please see the School complaints procedure for further information.