Won by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham:
Local Government Chronicle Awards
- 2010: Innovation (Finalist) and Regeneration (Finalist)
- 2008: Most Improved Council
- 2007: People Management
- 2005: Sustainable Communities (Barking and Dagenham, Havering, London Riverside)
- 2008-09: Tackling Climate Change
- 2003-04: Transforming Secondary Education
Municipal Journal Awards
- 2008: Facilities and Asset Management Achievement of the Year - Finalist
- 2008: Unique care - Highly commended
- 2007: Partnering with health services achievement of the year - Finalist (The Age Direct allotment project, run with the Primary Care Trust)
- 2007: Best Achievement in Children's Services, Family Group Conferences - Commended
- 2005: Housing Achievement of the Year 'Extra Care Sheltered Housing' - Commended
- 2005: Public Private Partnership of the Year 'London Borough of Barking and Dagenham partnership with Thames Accord' - Commended
Other Key Awards:
The Lawyer Human Resources Awards
2009: Best In-House/Public Sector Recruitment Campaign.
Member Development Charter
- 2012: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- 2009: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Children and Young People Services Awards
2008: Best Corporate Parent - London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
British Construction Industry Awards
2008: Local Authority Award - Barking Learning Centre.
Good Communication Awards
2008: Website Accessibility - Commendation.
Society of Information Technology Management (SocITM)
2009: Website received an 'Excellent' rating in the 'Better Connected Survey'.
2007: Best Council Website (The only authority to be rated as 'Excellent' in the 'Better Connected Survey').
Society of Public Information Networks (SPIN)
2007: England local authority website of the year.
Royal Town Planners Institute Award
2006: Climate Change category (Planning Advice Note 1 - Green Roofs) - Commendation.
2006: Best Customer Service Award.
Investors in People (IIP)
2006: The whole of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
Two Tick Employer
The whole of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
Committed to Equalities (C2E)
Stonewall Diversity Champion
2008: The whole of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.