The following flags will be flown every day at the Council's two main administrative buildings - the Civic Centre, Dagenham and the Town Hall, Barking.
The Borough Flag
The EU Flag
The Union Flag
The Union Flag
The Union Flag, in accordance with guidance from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, flies as follows:
- 9 January - Birthday of The Duchess of Cambridge
- 20 January - Birthday of The Countess of Wessex
- 6 February - Her Majesty's Accession
- 19 February - Birthday of The Duke of York
- March (2nd Monday) - Commonwealth Day
- 10 March - Birthday of The Earl of Wessex
- 21 April - Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen
- 9 May - Europe Day
- 2 June - Coronation Day
- 10 June - Birthday of The Duke of Edinburgh
- June (date varies) - Official Celebration of Her Majesty's Birthday
- 21 June - Birthday of The Duke of Cambridge
- 17 July - Birthday of The Duchess of Cornwall
- 15 August - Birthday of The Princess Royal
- November (2nd Sunday) - Remembrance Sunday
- 14 November - Birthday of The Prince of Wales
- 20 November - Her Majesty's Wedding Day
Also, the Union Flag is flown at half mast:
- (a) On the death/funeral of the Sovereign, another member of the Royal Family, the Prime Minister or other dignitary - as advised by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport
- (b) On the death/funeral of a serving officer in the Armed Forces from the Borough
- (c) The death of a Council employee
The Union Flag at half mast on Holocaust Day in January.
The Cross of St George on St George's Day - 23 April.
The Armed Forces Day Flag on and before Armed Forces Day on 26 June in accordance with advice from the Chief of the Defence Staff.
The Disablement Flag on International Day of the Disabled in December.
The Borough Flag at half mast on the death/funeral of a serving local Member of Parliament or serving local Councillor.
The Leader of the Council has discretion to fly flags at other times (for example when the national football team is playing in the World Cup).