The Barking and Dagenham Local Plan 2010 - 2025 sets out the detailed planning policy framework for economic growth whilst ensuring those things which make the borough special are preserved or enhanced.
The adopted development plan for the borough comprises:
- The Core Strategy, adopted July 2010
- The Site Specific Allocations, adopted December 2010
- The Borough Wide Development Policies DPD, adopted March 2011
- The Barking Town Centre Area Action Plan DPD, adopted February 2011
- The Joint Waste Plan DPD, adopted February 2012
- The London Plan, adopted July 2011
Download the London Plan from the Greater London Authority website
In addition to the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) listed above, the Local Development Framework (LDF) also comprises a number of Supplementary Planning Documents.
We also monitor our adopted planning policies and the borough’s heritage assets, and provide guidance on high hedges
and Tree Preservation Orders
in the borough.
We are currently preparing a Community Infrastructure Levy
, a new system of developer contributions.