Young people in Barking and Dagenham need your support
Many of our young people have had their education disrupted and are not in education, employment or training. This can leave them vulnerable with fewer opportunities and sometimes cause low self esteem/confidence.
Join our team as a volunteer and you could support a young person to achieve their aspirations, to move forward positively and improve their life chances. You do not need any previous training, experience or qualifications.
We are more interested in your personal qualities, life experiences and your desire to work with and support young people.
- You will receive free training and a Criminal Records Bureau check before you start mentoring
- We will support you with your personal development and training
- We ask you to commit to the same young person for as long as the relationship is working
- You can volunteer for as little as one hour a week
- We will reimburse your travel and any associated expenses
If you are able to commit your time and want to find out more, please contact the Senior Mentoring Coordinator at the address shown. You can also download an application pack and return it to the address shown.
Use your life experiences and knowledge to support a young person in Barking and Dagenham.
Volunteer application form
Becoming a mentor