You are here:
Home > Leisure, arts and libraries > Sports and physical activity > Exercise on Referral
The Exercise on Referall programme is for Barking and Dagenham residents aged 18 +, who are suffering from a medical condition and would like to improve their health through physical activity and lifestyle change.
Why are people referred to us?
• Obesity (BMI 30+)
• Bone / Joint / Muscular conditions
• CHD Risk Factors
• Depression / Anxiety / Stress
What are the benefits of taking part in physical activity?
• Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
• Assist with weight loss.
• Reduce stress and anxiety.
• Control blood sugar levels.
• Improve mobility and posture.
• Strengthen muscles.
• Socialise and have fun.
• Improve quality of life and overall health.
Our qualified instructors will complete an initial consultation to find out your personal goals and interests, they will then advise you on the best types of activity for the reason you have been referred.
These could include:
• Gym Sessions - Customers will be given a 12 week exercise programme which they will be able to follow under guidance of our qualified instructors.
• Exercise Classes - These classes will be available for ‘low risk’ customers and will include a mixture of aerobic and low impact based sessions which will give individuals the chance to exercise outside of the gym. All of the classes will be taught by one of our qualified instructors who are there to help you exercise safely and with confidence.
• Health Walks – Customers will be encouraged to attend the local Health Walks which takes places at various parks in the borough.
If you fit the criteria and would like to take part in the Active for Life, Exercise on Referral programme, all you will need to do is get your doctor, practice nurse or a medical professional to sign an exercise on referral form.
Once your referral form has been signed contact us to book your appointment on:
020 8724 8018 or email email@example.com
Please note appointments can take up to 4 weeks.
Phone: 020 8724 8018
Languages - WelcomeMireseviniBienvenueSveikiWitamyBem-vindoSoo dhawowKaribuHoş GeldinizE
© 2013 London Borough of Barking and Dagenham