Library users can reserve items in stock using the London Libraries Consortium Catalogue. This will enable users to reserve items from stock held across the 15 London consortium authorities - Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Brent, Ealing, Enfield, Hackney, Havering, Kingston, Lewisham, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Wandsworth.
How to make an online reservation
Connect to the London Libraries Consortium Catalogue
- Select search catalogue from the list of options on the left of the screen
- You can search the catalogue using a number of options including author, title and ISBN
- When you have found the item you wish to reserve, click on the add to basket option
- The item will be placed in the reservation basket, you can either choose to place the reserve at this point or select other items to the basket
- When you have finished placing reserves. Click on the reserve button under the reservation basket
- You will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN number. If you do not know your PIN number, contact your local library who will be able to give you the details. You will also be able to change this online later to one that is easier to remember by accessing the Your Personal Details option on the left of the screen
- A review screen of the titles in your reservation basket is displayed. Mark the items you wish to reserve by clicking on the box. Select a date that you want to collect the reservations from or leave as it is to accept the dates given
- Please select the library you wish to collect your reserves from, from the drop down option box. You will also need to select how you wish to be notified when your reserve is available from a selection of options. This can be by telephone message, email, post and text message
- A confirmation that the reservations have successfully been made will be displayed. At this point you can log out
Points to remember
You can only reserve items in stock that are available for loan. There is no charge for reserving in stock items.
You will not be allowed to reserve items which are for reference use, or which have some other restriction placed on them.
If you wish to reserve an item that is not in stock, please submit an enquiry form giving full details of author, title, publisher, date of publication and ISBN. There is a charge of £2.00 per item for reserving titles not in stock. A total charge of £5 per item is made for application to the British Library
You will be able to reserve a maximum of 10 items online. If you wish to reserve more items you will need to contact your local library.
If there is £10 or more outstanding on your account, then online renewals and reservations will not be permitted.
If you have any problems with this procedure, please contact us at the address shown.