The College aims to provide a suitable environment that is welcoming and conducive to learning, so that everyone has the best chance to succeed in their studies and achieve their full potential.
What you can expect from the College:
- To provide easy to understand Information and Advice about our courses so you can make an informed choice.
- To deal with your enquiries politely and efficiently.
- To make sure you have access to high quality teaching, with regular reviews and prompt return of assignments.
- To provide you with a Learner Handbook, containing useful information about the College and the services available to you.
- To do our best to meet the needs of individuals and groups with access and disability needs.
- To provide you with a confidential interview if you require one.
- To regularly consult with our stakeholders to bring about improvements to the service we offer.
- To provide a comments and complaints process. To respond to complaints within 10 days.
- To provide you with Information and Advice on completion of your course: To help you choose your next step, whether it be another course, or employment.
- To review these standards annually and publish the results.
What we expect from you:
Copies of the Student Charter are also available from Reception and Learning Resource Centre. Please note that if you are absent for 4 consecutive sessions you will be withdrawn from your course.
- To find out about your course before you enrol.
- To be prepared for your course and study to the best of your ability.
- To attend regularly and be on time and let us know when and why you can't attend.
- To ask for extra help if you need it, including, learning support needs. (Our Learning Resource Centre will give you information and advice. It can support you with study skills, resources and help with English and Maths.)
- To be responsible for your learning. Submit work on time or let your tutor know if there is a problem.
- To work with your tutor to discuss your personal aims for the course.
- To show respect to everyone and behave in a way that shows consideration to others.