fb-trackingSkip to main content

Apply for a single person council tax discount

If you live alone and are over 18 years of age, you can get a 25% discount on your Council Tax. 

To apply, you need to be signed in to your My B&D Account. If you don't have one you can create a My B&D Account.

You will need an email address and your Council Tax account number. You can find your account number on the top right hand of any bills or letters we have sent you.

If you are already receiving the single person discount and someone else over 18 comes to live with you, you must tell us straightaway. You can do this using My Account.

There are other discounts and exemptions you can apply for.  If you are on a low income you may be able to get council tax support (benefit). 

Apply for a single person discount