Skip to main content

Apply for a single person discount

If you live alone and you are over 18 years, you can get a 25% discount on your Council Tax. 

To apply, you need to be signed in to your My Account. If you don't have one you can create a My Account. You will need an email address. 

You will need your Council Tax account number. You can find this on the top right hand of any bills or letters we have sent you. Once you have applied, we will send you a new bill. 

If someone comes to live with you, you must tell us straightaway. You can do this using My Account. There are other discounts and exemptions you can apply for.  If you are on a low income you may be able to get council tax support (benefit). 

Apply for a single person discount