Barking Folk Festival
Friday 3 June
11am to 9.30pm
Barking Abbey Green and Abbey Ruins
Free event - no tickets required.
Part of The Jubilee Weekender
The Barking Folk Festival is one of the key events in our Summer of festivals’ programme.
A family festival celebrating the best in English and World folk music and dance plus poetry, street theatre, art and family fun!
- live music and dance from two stages
- creative workshops and storytelling
- crafts and stalls
- street theatre and circus shows
- delicious street food
Festival locations include:
- Gathering on the Green - 11am to 5pm
- Abbey Ruins Live - 3pm to 9.30pm
Acts announced include:
- Nathan Evans
- The Turbans
- Tankus the Henge
- Beans on Toast
Road closures - Please be aware there will be a road closures in place on Broadway from the junction of Broadway/East Street and the junction of Broadway/Bobby Moore Way between 11am to 11pm. Clockhouse Avenue will also be closed. Buses on this route will be diverted between 11am to 11pm. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
An official photographer has been commissioned by the council to take photographs and/or film at the Barking Folk Festival. The photographs and films may be published, transmitted or broadcast in LBBD publications and/or publicity materials, and websites, and may be circulated to the press and other broadcast media and internet websites for publication, transmission or broadcast. Should you have any queries, please contact the Events' Team at email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors
Keep up to date with the Barking Folk Festival
Follow us on social media.
Programme - Rebels in the Ruins Toggle accordion
Programme - Gathering on the Green Toggle accordion
11.30am - Haver Folk
12.05pm - Kaylasings
12.20pm - Katie Guyton Stage School
12.45pm - Haver Folk
1.20pm - Elevation Performance Academy
1.35pm - Katy Carr
1.55pm - Spoken Not Stirred
2.30pm - Shannon
2.45pm - Captain K & the XIth Hour Reapers
3pm - Haver Folk
3.40pm - Boxwood Chessmen
4.20pm - Katy Carr
11am - Yoga session
12pm - Storytelling with Shane the Storyteller
12.25pm - Spoken Not Stirred
1.15pm - Storytelling with Shane the Storyteller
1.45pm - Yoga session
2.45pm - Storytelling with Shane the Storyteller
3.15pm - Spoken Not Stirred
Hub Workshops - 11am to 4.30pm
Love Letters with Boathouse Creative Studios
Colours of Barking - Crafting with Studio 3 Arts
Check out our strollers throughout the day:
What the Tortoise Taught us - 12pm, 1.30pm and 2.45pm
The Old Time Sailors - 11am and 12pm
Catch a bubble or two with Bubbleologist at 12pm, 1.30pm and 2.45pm
*Programme subject to change
Family Creative Workshops and Attractions Toggle accordion
The Rig, music workshop
Storytelling with Shane
Meet our Bubbleologist
Play Den, under 5's play area
Meet the Queen! Take a selfie with Her Majesty
What the Tortoise Taught Us - meet our giant tortoise
Stalls and crafts
More creative workshops to be announced
Access and facilities Toggle accordion
Blue Badge Holders
Blue Badge holders are entitled to 4 hours free parking in designated disabled bays located close to the site.
Barking has great transport connections via Barking station which is only a five minute walk from the venue. The station is serviced by District and Hammersmith & City underground lines, National Rail services via C2C and London Overground Gospel Oak to Barking line.
Abbey Green is a relatively flat site on grass with hard standing paths.
The Abbey Ruins is on two levels, with the main entrance point via the Curfew Tower (off Broadway) which services the majority of facilities including a good viewing area and toilets including one accessible toilet and one adult changing area. Steps lead to the lower level where the caterers and the bar is located.
Both sites have toilets, baby change and adult changing areas.
We are working with Mobiloo to provide specialist facility with ramped access, accessible change, toilet and shower and a hoist.
For assistance during the event, please visit the Information Point.
First Aid on site is located near the Information Point.
Families attending are encouraged to visit the Information Point in order to gain a wristband in case children or vulnerable adults become separated from your group.
There is no accommodation on site, however, we have a number of local accommodation within walking distance.
Entry conditions Toggle accordion
Searches including bags will be carried out as you enter the venue.
You can bring:
- food, or this can be purchased
- sealed soft drinks or water
- folding chairs or picnic rugs
Please do not bring:
- alcohol or unsealed soft drinks
- BBQs or gazebos
- weapons, drugs or legal highs
- uncontrolled or dangerous dogs (please keep dogs on leads)
Official event photography and filming will take place and will be used for all marketing and communication purposes. Photo consent forms will be completed for close-up shots of children. Please contact the Information Point if you have any concerns.
We look forward to welcoming you to our family friendly festival!
Covid19 Guidance for Visitors Toggle accordion
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid19 including a new, continuous cough, high temperature, loss or change of taste/smell.
- Do not attend if those in your household are displaying symptoms or isolating.
- We encourage visitors to take a Covid19 test before attending. All personnel working on site have been asked to demonstrate a negative test.
- Maintain social distancing where possible and respect others space.
- Face coverings are available at the sanitising stations and Information Point. We strongly advise those with health conditions to wear them.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly, sanitising stations are around the site.
- Dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings.
- If you start to feel unwell, please return home or seek medical attention if required.
- We urge caution for the clinically extremely vulnerable attending the events on public health grounds. Please take extra care with social distancing and good hygiene protocols.
- Toilets and areas of the event will be regularly cleaned.
Subject to change following government guidelines around Covid19.