Barking Market is now open to customers with a range of safety measures put in place to keep shoppers and traders safe.
The council has been working with traders to provide advice and support to help them to operate safely. Both traders and customers are also being asked to follow the public health advice to ensure their safety.
In order to reopen safely, the layout has been redesigned to allow a space of four metres between stalls. There will also be less trading pitches (stalls) and trading days will be limited to Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays initially, to be reviewed regularly and any necessary the adjustment made in line with government guidelines.
In addition, traders and customers will have to adhere to the following:
- ensure a distance of 2 metres between customers and traders, council officers and marshals will be on hand to make sure that traders are adhering to social distancing rules
- no more than 4 customers at a stall at any one time
- ensure that all traders and staff are advised on correct actions if they are exposed to or develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- members of the public to avoid causing possible ‘bottlenecks’ or gathering so that people can pass easily by keeping their distance
- pay by card where and if possible
Barking Market takes place from 9am to 5pm on:
East Street, Ripple Rd and Short Blue Place, Barking IG11 7LU.
What the market sells
You can buy a wide variety of products, including:
- household products
No events scheduled.
How we're improving the market
Watch our short video to see how we're improving the market.
Becoming a trader at Barking Market
For information on trading at the market, email email@example.com.