Benefits of working for Barking and Dagenham
It is a very exciting time to work in Barking and Dagenham.
We have been named LGO Council of the Year for 2019, and we have also achieved the Silver Investors in People accreditation, demonstrating our investment in, and commitment to, our staff. We are also a Disability Confident employer.
Benefits of working for us
There are a range of benefits available to staff including:
- flexible working (including flexi-time, part and term-time working)
- up to 30 days annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- learning and development
- season ticket and travel loans
- discounted gym membership
- employee support and networking groups
- retail, holiday and travel discounts with our Wider Wallet scheme
- cycle purchase scheme
- credit union membership
In some teams you will also receive a recruitment and retention allowance of £2,500 with your first salary payment and an annual £2,500 retention payment (terms and conditions apply).
Find out more about these and other staff benefits in our staff benefits information pack (PDF, 268KB).
We are very committed to the community of people who work for us and have agreed a staff charter (PDF, 328KB) that sets out what you can expect if you work for us and what we expect in return.
Find out more about our vision and priorities.