Beware of coronavirus scams
We've heard a number of coronavirus related scams are taking place around the country and in the borough. These range from online to over the phone and even face to face where people are acting as council officers.
Please double check everything you're doing with your personal details and money. If you're concerned about anything, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware, be alert, and think twice before parting with your money or personal details. If you’re approached unexpectedly, remember to:
- stop, take a moment to think before parting with your money or information that could keep you safe.
- challenge, could it be fake? It’s OK to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
- avoid clicking on links or attachments in unexpected or suspicious texts or emails.
- confirm requests are genuine by using a known number or email address to contact organisations directly
- speak to your manager immediately if you think you’ve fallen victim to a scam while working.
If you have any questions or suspect foul play in the borough, get in touch with us.