Business parking permits
Business permits can be applied for by businesses based in controlled parking zones within Barking and Dagenham who can demonstrate that their vehicle(s) are essential for the efficient operation of their business.
- you must be employed by a business based in a commercial property in the borough
- you must use a vehicle to carry out your day-to-day duties and not only for commuting to a permanent place of work
- your vehicle must not exceed 2.3m (8’6”) in height or 5.2m (16’8”) in length.
You need to provide:
- a letter from the company showing their company registration number and dated within 28 days of the date your application is being processed. This must be signed by an authorised person and not by you the applicant (unless you own the business) to confirm that you are an employee and need a vehicle for to carry out your day to day duties.
- vehicle registration document (VQ/5)
Where you can park
Your permit is only valid in parking bays signed:
- Business Permit Holders Only
- Shared use bays (resident/business)
Your permit is not valid in a pay and display bays
The annual permit price is £470