Reporting health and safety issues

We are responsible for health and safety enforcement in the following types of premises in the borough:

  • offices
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants
  • leisure premises
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and clubs
  • museums (privately owned)
  • places of worship
  • sheltered accommodation and care homes

The HSE is responsible for most other premises. Check the HSE guide if you’re not sure.

Check who enforces health and safety where you work

Report health and safety issues in a business

The best way to report a health and safety issue is by using our online form. To use the form, you need to be signed in to your My Account. If you don’t have one, you can create a My Account.

Report a health and safety issue

Reporting injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences

If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises, you have a duty under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) to report certain:

  • serious workplace accidents
  • occupational diseases
  • specified dangerous occurrences (near misses)
Make a RIDDOR report

What must be reported