Consumer complaints

Report a trading standards issue

Citizen Advice Consumer service

Local residents or consumers can report traders or shops to the Citizen Advice Consumer service for any breaches in trading standards.

The Citizen Advice Consumer service can give you expert help on your rights as a consumer.

The details of a complaint or trading standards issue will be passed to Trading Standards if assistance is needed.

Citizen Advice consumer helpline

03454 040 506

Report a local trader or business

You can report a trader or business if you think counterfeit goods are being sold or if illicit tobacco sales (counterfeit or smuggled) are occurring. You can also report local traders or businesses who you think are not looking after animal health and welfare.

If you would like to report a local trader or business who is selling age-restricted products such as alcohol, cigarettes or knives to young people you should contact us directly.

The best way to contact us is to use our ‘Report a trading standards issue’ online form. You can also use the form to make enquiries about business advice, the ‘Buy with confidence’ scheme, and our ‘Responsible retailer’ scheme.

To use the form, you need to be signed in to your Barking and Dagenham Council My Account. If you haven’t got a My Account, you can register for My Account.

Report a trading standards issue

Approved traders scheme

Our Buy with confidence scheme gives you a directory of businesses who have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.

Businesses seeking advice or consumers making enquiries about approved traders should contact:

Trading Standards
Pondfield House, 100 Wantz Road, Dagenham, RM10 8PP

020 8215 3000