Caravan and camp site licences
If you want to run a caravan and camping site, you need a licence from us.
The licence may have conditions attached, including:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation, or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles, including tents
- making sure that steps are taken enhance the land, including planting or replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- making sure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained
Applicants must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.
To apply for a licence
Apply in writing to the Licensing team.