fb-trackingSkip to main content

Caravan and camp site licences

If you want to run a caravan and camping site, you need a licence from us.

The licence may have conditions attached, including:

  • restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation, or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
  • controlling the types of caravans on the site
  • controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles, including tents
  • making sure that steps are taken enhance the land, including planting or replanting bushes and trees
  • fire safety and fire fighting controls
  • making sure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained

Applicants must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.

Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.

To apply for a licence

Apply in writing to the Licensing team.

Licensing team

Barking Town Hall,1 Clock House Avenue, Barking IG11 7LU

020 8215 3007