Finding a home for ages 5 to 25 with special educational needs or a disability

You can find general information on finding a home and applying for council housing on this page

Housing adaptations

If you have difficulty using your kitchen, bathroom or stairs, or getting in or out of your home, we may be able to help you to pay for some alterations with an adaptations grant.

Independent Living Agency

The Independent Living Agency is a charity that aims to maximise the potential of disabled people so that they can live their own lives. You can use direct payments to purchase the following services and items:

  • Assistance with finding accommodation and training in daily living skills
  • Accessible transport
  • Equipment to aid daily living
  • Cleaning
  • Management of direct payments and individual budgets

Unit 15 Dagenham Business Centre, 123 Rainham Road North, Dagenham RM10 7FD

020 8593 6677

Housing Benefit 

You can make your claim for Housing and Council Tax Benefit online.  

Housing and Council Tax Benefit 

Finding a home

Finding a home