Cleaner Barking and Dagenham
We know that having a clean and tidy borough is really important to you and we’re working really hard to achieve this.
We know we haven’t always got things right, but our new clean campaign is all about going back to the basics.
That’s why we are putting all of our efforts into:
- making our streets and the local area cleaner and safer
- collecting your bins on time
- continuing to crack down on rogue landlords and the minority of people who dump rubbish, ruining the borough for everyone else.
And we’re asking you to do your bit to help keep our borough clean.
Find out more by reading our 2019 Cleaner Barking and Dagenham guide (PDF, 2MB)
Work with us to keep our borough clean
We’re cleaning up Barking and Dagenham and asking you to help keep our streets clean.
- emptying 117,500 bins each week
- investing in 18 brand new bin trucks to help collect your waste quickly
- bringing in new street cleaning vehicles
- introducing a FREE white good collection service working with online electrical retailer AO (more information coming soon)
- cracking down on people who dump rubbish
- clamping down on rogue landlords
And we’re asking you to:
- put the right stuff in each bin
- get rid of your bulky waste properly
- keep your front garden tidy and don’t litter in our community
- organise a local litter picking event
- report fly-tipping and neighbourhood issues to us
- confidentially report unlicensed properties
Meet the team
Our team are working really hard to make sure your bins are collected on time. And we’re putting in all our effort to make our streets and the local area cleaner and safer.
Meet some of the people who are going the extra mile to make our borough look its best.
My name's Ricky, and I'm a waste operations supervisor. I am proud of my job, I like coming into work every day and meeting new people. We try to ensure that all bins are collected on collection days, and we need you to help us by making sure you put in the right waste to stop cross-contamination. It's important that you put the right stuff in each bin and you can find out more on our 'what goes in your bins' page. I wake up at half four every morning and it's really really nice when the residents appreciate the work that I'm doing. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't go home every day with my belly aching from laughing all day.
Hi I’m Leigh Anne, one of the refuse loaders for Barking and Dagenham council. I really do take pride in my work. A lot of people think that just because I’m collecting bins it’s a rubbish job, but I do enjoy it. It’s really nice when we feel appreciated.
The correct place to put out your bins is on the boundary of your property. We do our best to collect your bins every day, and you can help us by putting your bins out in the correct way. Thank you!
John, Street Cleaning Driver
Karen, Street Cleaning Officer
Punzu, Street Cleaning Officer