Help stop fraud
Fraud costs you money.
Every penny lost to fraud means that the Council has less to spend on providing the services you want.
So please tell us about fraud affecting the Council.
Examples of fraud include:
- Claiming services when not entitled, such as using disabled parking permits and claiming grants
- Sub-letting council property
- Committing landlord fraud
- Claiming benefit when not entitled
- Doing anything else involving the Council that you think might be fraudulent or illegal
We also deal with serious or sensitive concerns about wrongdoing, including:
- Clients, children or students, particularly children and adults in our care, being mistreated
- Unauthorised use of council money
- An unlawful act
- Any danger to health and safety
- A person abusing their position for any unauthorised use or for personal gain
- A person deliberately not keeping to a council policy, an official code of practice or any law or regulation
- A person failing to meet appropriate professional standards
- A person being discriminated against because of their race, colour, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, sex, sexuality, class or home life
Your concern may be about members of staff, people who work directly for the Council, suppliers, or people who provide services to the public for Barking and Dagenham council.
020 8227 2666