fb-trackingSkip to main content



Anyone considering demolishing a building or structure should first check if the building is statutorily listed or locally listed, and/or in a conservation area.

Statutorily listed buildings and conservation areas are protected by the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990. Listed building consent or conservation area consent will be required to demolish them.

Locally listed buildings are protected by Planning Policy Statement 5 Planning for the Historic Environment and local policy. The lists of statutory and locally listed buildings and maps of the conservation areas in the borough can be found on the listed buildings and conservation area pages.

If any of these issues affects a building you want to demolish, please contact the Planning Policy team.

Demolition consent form

Demolition notice (PDF, 65.92 KB)


Planning Policy

Town Hall, 1 Town Square, Barking IG11 7LU