Get a coronavirus test
Got a continuous cough or fever? Get tested!
Think you have coronavirus symptoms? If so, don’t hang around! Book yourself a test and find out if you have it to protect yourself and others around you.
Or call 119.
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
- for yourself, if you have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
Two COVID-19 testing sites have opened in the borough to make it easier for our residents to get tested for coronavirus.
The testing sites are located at:
- Mayesbrook Park Car Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham RM8 2JR (opposite Illchester Road)
Please note, Barking Football Club is not responsible for the Mayesbrook Park test centre, and cannot answer any queries about rescheduling appointments or when test results might be received.
- Chadwell Heath Community Centre, High Road, Chadwell Heath RM6 6AS
and will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 by making sure that residents with symptoms can easily get tested somewhere near their home. If they test positive, they can then self-isolate at home and help prevent the spread of the virus.
Currently, lab capacity is a national issue and this means that the number of tests that can be taken each day is limited. This means you should only book a test if you have symptoms (a temperature or a new, continuous cough, or loss of / change to your sense of taste or smell), so you’re not taking a test away from someone who really needs it.
If you have at least one of the symptoms it’s best to book a test by calling NHS 119 or visit the NHS coronavirus page. If you can’t get a slot straight away, please keep trying at different times as test slots get released in the morning and evening.
You can also walk in for a test without an appointment, but you may need to wait if the site is busy that day.
Please note you need to bring a smart phone with you so you can register when you arrive if you do walk in.
These are the first two of three testing sites coming to Barking and Dagenham. Details about the third testing site will be published in the next few weeks.