Get a coronavirus test
Whether you have coronavirus symptoms or not, there are lots of ways you can get tested in Barking and Dagenham.
If you don’t have symptoms
Everyone in England should now take a rapid COVID-19 test, known as a lateral flow test for people without symptoms, twice a week to help stop the spread of coronavirus. One in three people with COVID-19 don’t have any symptoms, so you should take a rapid test twice a week to help stop the spread and get us back to normal quickly.
You can get a rapid test at the test sites below:
|Dagenham Library, 1 Church Elm Lane, Dagenham RM10 9QS||10am to 6.45pm||Walk-in only|
|Barking Learning Centre (BLC), 2 Town Square, Barking IG11 7NB|
10am to 6.45pm
To get home-test kits you can also:
- order home-tests online to be delivered to your home on GOV.UK
- pick up, free of charge, from a limited number of participating pharmacies found on the NHS website
- collect home-test kits from locations in the borough on the table below
|Collection locations||Collections times|
|Barking Market, IG11 8EU||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10.30 to 4.30|
|Vicarage Field Shopping Centre, IG11 8DQ||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 11am to 5pm|
|Barking Learning Centre, IG11 7NB||Every day 10am to 6.45pm|
|Dagenham Library, RM10 9QS||Every day 10am to 6.45pm|
Please keep checking back for more information about testing centres as the situation is changing quickly.
If you’ve had your COVID vaccine, you should still be having a test twice a week.
If you have symptoms
The three main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms, isolate immediately and get a test. Only leave your home to get a test. There are three ways to get a test if you have symptoms:
- book a test online
- book a test by calling 119
- going to one of the local vaccination centres listed below
|Mayesbrook Park Car Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham RM8 2JR (opposite Illchester Road)|
8am to 8pm
Curzon Community Centre car park, Bastable Avenue, Barking IG11 0LG
8am to 8pm
|The Leys Car Park, Ballards Road, Dagenham RM10 9AJ|
8am to 8pm
You can get a test for:
- yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now
- someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
- yourself, if you have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
Covid testing in the workplace
If you own a business in the borough, employees who are unable to work from home should continue to have lateral flow tests twice a week.
You can also ask your staff to get, rapid lateral flow tests which are available at local test sites for those who don’t have symptoms.
For information on support for businesses, including government grants and more, visit our support for businesses page.