fb-trackingSkip to main content

Help with money and finance

If you’re struggling with money, find out what support is available. 

Council Tax Support

Universal Credit doesn’t cover your Council Tax, so it’s important to apply for Council Tax Support if you think you’re eligible.

Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Find out if you need to pay Council Tax or can pay less. For example, if you live alone you can apply for Single Person discount.

Housing Benefit

Find out if you’re eligible for Housing Benefit to help pay for your rent.

Individual Assistance Payment

If COVID-19 has caused you financial hardship you can apply for individual assistance payment.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a benefit for people of working age and combines previously separate benefits.

Free School Meals

Apply for Free School Meals for a healthy lunches for your child as well as extra funding for their school.

Help getting a job

Our Job Shop team help residents get into quality employment from training to help writing your CV.

Council jobs

Look at what job vacancies we have at the council.

Mental health and debt guide

This guide from the Money Saving Expert gives debt advice specifically for those with mental health illnesses.

Help paying your business rates (for business owners)

Information about eligibility for relief and reductions in your business rates and how to apply.