fb-trackingSkip to main content

Key Workers, Care Agencies and Voluntary Sector Permits

Key Worker Permits

You can apply for an on-street (for parking in resident bays) or off-street (for parking in Council Car Parks) Key Worker Permit for £100 per year (plus diesel surcharge of £75 where applicable) for critical care provision within LBBD.

You will need to supply the following evidence.

If you are a resident receiving care you must provide proof of your care needs:

  • a letter from your GP or NHS 
  • welfare benefit entitlement letter confirming you are in receipt of the Care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

If you are an independent critical care provider, you must provide proof that you are providing care to a Barking and Dagenham resident (e.g., a contract). 

Care Agencies Permit

You can apply for an On-Street Care Agency Permit for £250 per year (plus diesel surcharge of £75 where applicable) for the NHS & Commercial and Care Agencies etc.

  • you must apply with your official email address or
  • provide documentary evidence of working in a relevant care agency

Voluntary Enterprise Sector Permits

You can apply for an On-street only Voluntary Sector Permit for £100 per year  (plus diesel surcharge of £75 where applicable) if you are a voluntary organisation providing services within LBBD.

All applications have to be made by the organization, from an official email address or

Provide documentary proof of the voluntary organisation’s services within LBBD

Apply for a permit

Terms and conditions

Please see our Parking Permits terms and conditions page.