Manage your Council Tax account in My B&D
Check your balance, view your bills, request changes to your account.
How to link your Council Tax account to My B&D
Information you'll need
- Council Tax reference number (this can be found on your Council Tax bill)
- Amount of last Council Tax payment made (you'll need to have made at least one payment before managing your account online)
- National Insurance number
- Your phone number that the Council Tax team will have on record (if this has changed since you registered for Council Tax at Barking and Dagenham you need to let the team know before you can manage your account online)
Step by step
1. Go onto Barking and Dagenham's website and click on the My B&D icon
2. Log in or register
3. After you've logged in, scroll down to Council Tax and click "Manage your Council Tax account"
4. Click "Add service"
5. Click "Add" underneath Council Tax
6. Scroll down and click "Confirm"
7. Add your Council Tax reference number, which can be found on your Council Tax bill, and click "Access now"
8. Enter the amount of Council Tax you last paid to us, your National Insurance number, Last name of the person on the bill, postcode and phone number. Click "Next"
9. Now you've successfully linked your account, you have the option to sign up for paperless billing. You can enter your email, how you'd like to receive bills and click "Sign up" or choose "Not now"
10. Your Council Tax details will now appear on the My Services dashboard. Click "Show more details"
11. You can now see your account information and manage your account online
After your account is linked
Tasks you can complete after your Council Tax account is linked to My B&D:
- check your balance/ how much you need to pay
- sign up to paper-less billing rather than post
- Set up Direct Debit
- Apply for discounts
- Tell us you're moving