B and D Mentors offer free one-to-one mentoring to young people aged 10 to 19 and up to 25 if there is a special education need. They will be interviewed, references sought, DBS verified and trained.
Mentors are matched to a mentee for 6 months and meet weekly with the primary purpose of developing a positive mentoring relationship with the mentee in order to support them in:
- developing confidence and self esteem
- motivation to reach their potential
- settling into school and adjusting to other transitional stages
- provide opportunity for time out to have fun
Referrals are accepted from voluntary and statutory agencies for young people who live and attend school in the borough.
If you wish to refer a young person, use the contact details below.
Join the B and D Mentors team
Our mentors motivate young people aged 10 to 19 and up to 25 with SEN to make positive changes so they can reach their potential:
- you will mentor at least one mentee who you will meet weekly for up to 2 to 3 hours for 6 months
- you will receive training
- expenses incurred during mentoring will be reimbursed
- you get a £10 voucher to cover calls for mentoring
- we will pay for your DBS verification
- no previous experience of mentoring is required
- a mentoring coordinator is on hand to support every step of the way
If you wish to become a volunteer mentor, use the contact details below.
Mentor referral form (PDF, 325.36 KB)
Mentor application form (PDF, 149.94 KB)