fb-trackingSkip to main content

Paying your adult social care invoice

COVID-19 - If you cannot make payments that are due and are experiencing difficulty as a result of a reduction in your income, illness or caring responsibilities, please contact us by emailing income@lbbd.gov.uk or call 0208 227 3597. 

COVID-19 support, information and advice 

You have 4 weeks from the date of the invoice to make payment. If you're not able to make payment in full within this period, in some cases we can agree to accept instalments. To discuss instalment repayment contact the General Income Section. Any other queries relating to the invoice will need to be directed to the Financial Assessment Team.

Pay online

You can pay online using a credit or debit card. You'll need to enter your 8 digit invoice number, which can be found on the invoice we sent you, as the account number.

Pay your adult social care invoice online

Pay by telephone

You can pay by telephone using a credit or debit card. You'll need to enter your 8 digit invoice number, which can be found on the invoice we sent you.

020 8227 2050

Pay at a bank

You can pay at any bank using the payment slip at the bottom of your invoice. Some banks make a charge for this service. Allow five working days for your payment to reach us.

Standing orders and bank transfers

Payments can be made by bank transfer and standing order. You'll need to contact your bank and quote your 8 digit invoice number, and give them our bank details.

If you wish to pay your invoices by standing order, ensure that these payments are made every 4 weeks, and not monthly.

Bank: Lloyds TSB

Account number: 01526028

Sort code: 30 00 02

If you don’t pay your invoice

If payment is not received on time, further action may be taken. To avoid this, contact the General Income Section.

To recover payment for adult social care invoices, further action can include, but is not limited to:

  • county court judgement: this could severely affect your credit rating and may affect your ability to get loans, including mortgages, credit cards, store cards and increases in credit limits, which will result in further costs to you
  • third party debt order: this prevents you from taking money out of your bank/building society account until the debt has been settled
  • charging order: this prevents you from selling assets such as property, investments or land, without paying what is owed; we can apply to the court for an order allowing the forced sale of property once a charging order is agreed

General Income Team

Revenue Services
Town Hall
1 Town Hall Square
IG11 7LU

020 8227 3597


Financial Assessment Team

020 8227 2390