Pest control appointment terms and conditions
Appointments will take place anytime between 9am and 4pm.
Bedbug and Flea treatment will take place between 9am and 1pm.
For all appointments, please ensure an adult aged over 18 is in your property to allow access.
Appointment and treatment schedules
Rats and mice
Treatment for rats and mice consists of up to three visits. The first visit will involve placement of baited boxes, the second visit will involve replenishment of bait and refreshing bait boxes as necessary, the third visit will involve collection of our boxes and will signal completion of treatment.
Treatment for cockroaches consists of up to three visits which will involve the use of chemical control methods. Advice will be given regarding hygiene and prevention of re-infestation.
Treatment for wasps consists of one visit and will involve the use of chemical control methods. We will not physically remove the hive.
Treatment for squirrels consists of 5 consecutive trapping days using mechanical control methods. Last visit involves collection of our traps and will signal completion of treatment.
Treatment for ants/low-risk pets normally consist of one visit and will involve the use of chemical control. Advice will be given regarding hygiene and prevention of re-infestation.
Treatment of a bedbug infestation takes 6 weeks. We cannot guarantee against re-infestation if the treatments are not carried out within this period.
Before we carry out our treatment there are steps you must take:
- all bedrooms need to be completely emptied of clothes and personal items
- wash all bedding and keep in sealed bags/containers in an uninfected room
- bedside tables need to be emptied
- all mattresses need to be separated from bed bases prior to treatment, our Officer will not remove mattresses during treatment or replace following treatment
- all wardrobes need to be emptied of clothing and fully moved away from the wall to allow an officer access for treatment
- all clothing needs to be washed on a high temperature
- store washed clothes in sealed bags or containers in an uninfected room
- cover any fish tanks, keep covered until treatment is dry – very important as we use various insecticides in this treatment
Failure to adhere to the above steps will lead to an ineffective treatment.
Vacuuming, dusting and washing of walls should be avoided immediately after treatment, although cleaning can be carried out on the day before each subsequent treatment.
Cleaning of windows, mirrors, door handles and light switches can be carried out as the treatment is dry.
After treatment various insecticides are used to treat bedbugs, so you must:
- keep all children and pets out of treated rooms for a minimum of 4 hours while treatment dries
- ventilate the room/area for 30 minutes before use
- wash hands/feet if touched wet/dry treated areas, maintain this routine throughout the treatment period
- do not consume food/drink in treated areas
- avoid cleaning for as long as possible after the final treatment as this will aid treatment process
Chemicals can remain present for up to 3 months depending on level of house cleaning.
Treatment of a flea infestation will be carried out in two visits. Treatment will be administered to all rooms (except kitchens and bathrooms) during the visit. Smoke alarms must be deactivated during treatment.
- all pets must be removed from the room before treatment can begin and must be kept out of the room for a minimum of 4 hours after the treatment is carried out
- all loose items need to be removed from the floor, including any items under the bed
- wash all bedding (including pet bedding) and keep in an uninfected room until after treatment
- cover any fish tanks and keep them covered until treatment is dry - this is important as we use insecticide in the treatment
- vacuum your entire house, including sofas and chairs
- throw out the vacuum bag as it may contain flea eggs
- clear as much floor space as possible (not the furniture) to allow access to skirting
- start to treat your pets for fleas and continue doing so until treatment is complete
- smoke alarms should be reactivated
- you and your pets must not enter any treated rooms for a minimum of 4 hours after the treatment has been carried out. We recommend that you go out for this period of time if possible
- ventilate the room/area for 30 minutes before use
- wash hands or feet after every time they touch wet or dry treated areas
- don’t consume food or drink in treated areas if possible - this is important as we use an insecticide in the treatment
- cleaning should be avoided within the week following treatment if possible
- wipe down any surfaces such as TV screens, mirrors, remote controls, door handles and light switches
If you miss a visit you will only be entitled to the remaining visits of your treatment schedule.
The cost of treatment includes the specified number of visits, which should be sufficient to address the problem. Treatment costs do not include unlimited visits until a problem is resolved.
Cancelling or rearranging an appointment
The following conditions will apply if you wish to cancel or reschedule an appointment for a treatment.
You must give us at least 2 working days ;notice to cancel or rearrange an appointment. You will be charged a full fee for the service if you cancel less than 2 working days before the appointment date.
If we are unable to carry out the treatment through your failure to keep the appointment, or if you have not carried out any necessary preparation work for the treatments, no refund will be offered.
If you have booked a multi visit treatment and give us less than 2 working days notice before the appointment date, you will only be able to reschedule on one occasion. If we are prevented from treating on a second appointment, then the treatment will be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
Where multi visit treatments have been booked, no refund will be given where an initial treatment has already taken place and subsequent visits are no longer required.
If for any reasons where an officer attended and was not able to deliver treatment, you will be charged a standard call out fee of £70 for any booked appointments. This fee is inclusive of all charges.
Refund requests will only be considered within 30 days of the last visit to the property.
The table below outlines the cut-off times for cancelling an appointment.
|Day of appointment||Must be cancelled by|
5pm the previous Wednesday
|Tuesday||5pm the previous Thursday|
|Wednesday||5pm the previous Friday|
|Thursday||5pm the previous Monday|
|Friday||5pm the previous Tuesday|
Appointments that can't go ahead
No refund will be made if the appointment can’t go ahead for any of these reasons:
- you miss your appointment
- there’s no adult at home when we call
- the required preparation hasn’t been done
- the occupant doesn’t allow the treatment to take place
Appointments for the treatment of bedbugs and fleas
If you’re making an appointment for the treatment of bedbugs you must book 3 appointments at the initial time of booking. They will need to be 2 weeks apart and it is vital that you are present for all 3 appointments. When you book your initial appointment date you will be guided to book the remaining 2 follow up appointments at the same time.
If you’re making an appointment for the treatment of fleas you must book 2 appointments at the initial time of booking. When you book your initial appointment date you will be guided to book the remaining follow up appointment at the same time.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have followed all the instructions for bedbugs and fleas in preparation for your visit. We will not be able to carry out the treatment if the rooms have not been properly prepared and no refund will be offered.
If you miss a visit you will only be entitled to the remaining visits of your treatment plan.
If you want further treatment you will need to make a new booking.
If we can’t attend an appointment
If we’re unable to attend an appointment due to bad weather, staff sickness or travel problems, and we can’t offer a suitable new appointment within 10 working days of your original appointment, a full refund will be offered.
Failure to pay the correct fees
It’s your responsibility to make sure you’ve paid the right fee for the work to be done.
If we attend the appointment and the information you supplied is wrong, such as you identified the pest incorrectly or the cost of the treatment required is more then you have already paid, we will leave the property without carrying out the treatment and you will be charged for a call-out fee.
Pest proofing and repairs
Our pest control service includes the administration of the appropriate pest control treatment only. Proofing or repairs (such as filling holes or voids, installing pest proof mesh or any solid construction which eliminates pest ingress) are not included or currently offered by LBBDs Pest Control service. It is at the discretion of the resident, or Housing Officer, to arrange any necessary proofing or repairs to encourage a successful treatment.
Aftercare and recommendations
For treatment to be successful we encourage you to adhere to any recommendations made by our pest control officers regarding proofing or repairs, as well as the advice regarding aftercare following a treatment.
Information on this page is subject to change in line with legislation
If you have any further enquiries about pest control treatments kindly revert to the call centre for assistance prior to making a booking.