Report an abandoned vehicle
We remove any vehicle abandoned in the open air or on any part of the highway, free of charge. However, we may charge a landowner to remove an abandoned vehicle from a hard-to-access area.
A vehicle is considered to be abandoned if:
- it has not been moved for at least 6 weeks
- it is in poor condition, such as having flat tyres, or litter has built up under the vehicle
- there is evidence of damage, such as poor body work or broken windows
You can help us keep the borough looking clean and tidy and our streets clear by reporting abandoned vehicles using our form.
If you've made a report previously you can check the progress of your report
You should have the following information to hand when you contact us:
- the make and model of the abandoned vehicle
- its colour
- its registration number
- its exact location
- supporting evidence of abandonment
We aim to inspect abandoned vehicles within 5 working days of being notified.
The enforcement of untaxed vehicles rests exclusively with the DVLA, which has a form to report a vehicle you suspect as being untaxed.
Local authorities can only deal with untaxed vehicles when they have received permission to do so from the DVLA.