Moving to junior school

Moving from infant to junior school in 2017

If your child is a year 2 pupil and attending an infant school you must apply for your child’s year 3 place at a junior school (even if you want a place at your linked junior school).

Linked Barking & Dagenham junior schools

If you want your child to attend their link Barking & Dagenham junior school, you do not need to fill in an application form, as we will do this for you (even if you live outside the borough).

If you would prefer your child to go to another school you must fill in our online Junior common application form ‘ (JCAF).

Junior schools outside the borough

For infant and junior schools outside the borough, please contact the school or relevant local authority about their admissions procedure.

If they confirm you need to apply through your home local authority (us) you will need to apply online.

Junior applications from children not in infant schools

If your child is at any other type of school and you would like to apply for a year 3 place at a Junior school (for September 2017 start) you will also have to apply online.

Apply online for a school place


Important information

·         If your child needs a year 2 place now, please follow the ‘In-year’ admissions process.

·         The full process is outlined in the ‘Moving to junior school in 2017’ e-booklet.

If you try to apply online and you cannot see your exact address in the list, or the schools you want to apply for are not listed, you must contact the School Admissions Team before 5pm on the closing date or your application will be late. Late applicants are not likely to get a place at an oversubscribed school.
·         The closing date is 15 January 2017.

·         Results will be sent from 7pm on 18 April 2017.