Starting school (ages 4 to 5)
If your child needs a reception place now, please follow the ‘In-year’ admissions process.
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 they may start school full time in September 2018.
This move is not an automatic process and you will need to apply for a place at the schools you would like your child to go to.
Important things to note
- The closing date was 15 January 2018. If you applied by this date, results will be posted from 7pm on 16 April 2018. You must then reply by 30 April 2018 or your child will not have a school place.
- Applications received after the closing date are late.
- You must read the admissions booklet ‘Starting school full-time in 2018’ before you apply.
- If you try to apply online and you cannot see your exact address in the list, or the schools you want to apply for are not listed, please fill in and return a paper reception common application form (RCAF).
- If you have already applied online but want to change your preferred schools, you must fill in our paper RCAF form.
- You can download our paper RCAF forms, or pick up a copy at Dagenham Library.
Previous editions of the booklet