Social worker jobs
It's a great time to work at Barking at Dagenham, we have been named Council of the Year in the Local Government Chronicle Awards 2018 and have Silver Investors in People status showing our commitment to our staff. We are always on the looks out for social work applicants who are eager to achieve more.
Rewards and benefits
We have a great rewards packages for social workers up to senior team managers. We provide a welcome and commitment allowance when you join, which includes:
- a £5k welcome payment when you join
- a £15k commitment payment on the anniversary of your start date, if you stay with us for 3 years.
- an optional 2 month paid sabbatical after 4 years service.
In some teams you will also receive:
- a recruitment and retention allowance of £2,500 with your first salary payment and an annual £2,500 retention payment (terms and conditions apply)
You will also receive:
- up to 30 days annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- varied working options including flexi-time and term time contracts
- season ticket / travel loans
- discounted parking and car allowance for children's social workers
- staff support and networking groups
- retail, holiday and travel discounts with our Wider Wallet scheme
- cycle purchase scheme
To find out more about these and other staff benefits, you can download our information brochure.