fb-trackingSkip to main content

Temporary use notices

 A Temporary Use Notice (TUN) will allow use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence, but where a gambling operator wants to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling.

Premises that might be suitable for a TUN include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

A Temporary Use Notice may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. The same premises may not be the subject of a Temporary Use Notice for more than 21 days in any 12-month period, but may be the subject of several notices, provided that the total does not exceed 21 days.

Temporary Use Notice 

Should the maximum period be exceeded, we will issue a counter notice that has the effect of stopping the Temporary Use Notice coming into effect. Failure to comply with a counter notice is a criminal offence.

Licensing Team

Barking Town Hall, Lower Ground,1 Clock House Avenue, Barking IG11 7LU