Bin collection days
Due to staff shortages, the recycling bin collection is currently running a day behind schedule, so recycling collections will take place one day later than normal this week. We apologise for the delay and there are no changes to general waste or green garden waste collections.
If you live in a house or converted flat, your:
- household grey bins are collected weekly
- recycling brown bins are collected fortnightly
- your green bin is collected fortnightly (when the scheme is active) if you’ve signed up for our green garden waste service
Make sure your bins are placed outside by your boundary by 6am on the day of collection.
Presenting your bins for collection
To make sure your bins are emptied:
- put all your rubbish inside your wheelie bin - the lid must close
- excess recyclable material will only be collected if placed next to your brown bin in clear bin bags (not carrier bags)
- cardboard will only be collected if tied together and placed next to your brown bin
- don't put the wrong materials in your bin - check our guidance on what goes in your bins
- put your bins outside by 6am on the day of collection
- only place bins on the street if you don’t have a front garden or drive
If your bin collection was missed you can report it and book another collection from 10pm on the collection day until 6pm the following working day.
Find your collection day
To find your collection day, enter your postcode then select your address from the drop-down list. For fortnightly recycling and green garden waste collections, check your week schedule against our recycling bins calendar.
If you live in a commercial or shopping area your collection day may be different to those listed.
No results found for this postcode
Recycling and green garden waste collections calendar
The calendar shows the week assigned to your address (week 1 or week 2) for brown recycling and green garden waste fortnightly collections. Grey household waste bins are collected every week.
Collection days may change due to bank holidays.