fb-trackingSkip to main content

Money and debt

Our Homes and Money Hubs are open for a drop in at Barking Learning Centre and Dagenham Library from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday or via homesandmoneyhub@lbbd.gov.uk.

There are also a number of other help and support services available throughout the council for residents.

Need help sorting your finances? For more free, expert money advice, visitBarking and Dagenham Money

Community Food Clubs

Our Community Food Clubs which are free of charge and can provide £20 worth of food per week for a period of either 3 or 6 months

Help with budgeting

Our help with budgeting pages that provide an income and expenditure calculator and budgeting tools that will help people understand how much money they have coming in and how much is going out, helping people look at areas where they can make savings

Help finding work

Those worried about a lack of skills, our Adult College has a very full offer

Hardship Fund

Residents who need help with emergency living expenses for food, fuel (gas and electric for customers who pay via a key meter), travel expenses and household appliances and/or clothing in exceptional circumstances can apply for help from the council’s Hardship Fund