Homes and Money Hubs

Find out what services are on offer from the two hubs in the borough.

Our Homes and Money Hubs are open for a drop in at Barking Learning Centre and Dagenham Library from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday or via

Allocation to a Homes and Money Hub Caseworker

The criteria below must be met for allocation to a Homes and Money Hub Caseworker.

Allocation to a Caseworker may also not apply to anyone who has been allocated a Caseworker in the previous year and is returning with the same issues without a relevant change in circumstances

If the criteria are not met, the Homes and Money Hub may still provide urgent food assistance and will provide Information, Advice and Guidance to signpost to relevant support and services

1. At least 2 out of these 3 Primary debts:

  • Rent Arrears
  • Council Tax Arrears
  • Utility arrears (Electricity, Gas, Water)


2. One Primary debt from Rent Arrears, Council Tax Arrears, Utility arrears and at least one of the following applies:

  • Rent or Council Tax Arrears over £2000
  • at risk of eviction
  • significant physical/mental ill-health or disability
  • limited capacity to manage affairs
  • victim of domestic abuse
  • victim of modern slavery
  • victim of loan sharks
  • Care Leaver
  • has complex Universal Credit or other benefit issues, such as Benefit Cap, Under-occupancy (Bedroom Tax), under-claiming, or Migration to Universal Credit
  • has mortgage arrears 
  • a Carer of a child or an adult with a disability 


3. NEET - 16- to 18-Year-olds who are not in Education, Employment, or Training

Response Timescales

Once the referral has been received the client can expect the following:

If the Criteria is met :

  • allocation to a caseworker within 5 days, then
  • contact from the Caseworker within a further 2 days

Please Note: when working with a caseworker you will be required to provide bank statements or other documents to support your financial situation.  These will need to be produced within 10 days.

If Criteria is not met:

  •  A response with information, advice and guidance within 5 days

Information, advice and guidance signposting

Lots of residents need straightforward advice and signposting to help them resolve issues and do not need a Homes and Money Hub Caseworker. Residents can refer to:

Need help sorting your finances? For more free, expert money advice, visit Barking and Dagenham Money

Contact us

To request help from the Homes and Money Hub for yourself or someone else you can make a referral. 

Make a Homes and Money Hub referral

If you have any questions, you can email or drop in to Barking Learning Centre, 2 Town Square, Barking, IG11 7NB or Dagenham Library, 1 Church Elm Lane, Dagenham, RM10 9QS.