Complain about children's social care

How to raise a complaint about children's social services

Making a complaint

Before you make a formal complaint about children's social services, try to resolve it by talking to the person concerned. We'll always try to resolve issues if we can by putting it right if we have got something wrong. If this doesn't resolve the matter, use the form below to make your complaint.

If you're complaining on behalf of someone else we need their signed permission. You can upload a scan or photo of a document at the top of the form. 

Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days and a response will be provided within 20 working days.

Make a complaint about children's social services  

You can also email us at

Or you can telephone us on 020 8227 2405 or 020 8227 2111. 

Department for Education Guidance

Our complaints process follows Children's social care: getting the best from complaints, which gives guidance for local authorities on how to deal with complaints about children's social services.