Rough sleepers and street homelessness

What to do if you're worried about someone homeless or sleeping rough.

Contact streetlink if you are worried about someone sleeping rough on the streets. If you know the person sleeping rough is under 18 years old, please don't contact streetlink but instead call the police on 101. If you think someone is in immediate danger you should call 999.

Once streetlink have been alerted, they will look for the person and connect them to support if they can find them. To make that easier for them please tell them the following:

  • the specific location of where the person is sleeping rough
  • the date and time that you last saw the person sleeping rough, and how long you have seen them sleeping rough 
  • their gender, approximate age, what they are wearing and what they look like      

Duty to refer 

If you are an organisation who has a duty to refer someone to us please use our online referral.   

Help and information for and about rough sleeping

Depaul UK Alone in London

You may also find this information helpful 

Help with money and debt

Help with mental health

Help with drugs and alcohol