Hazardous waste

We only collect hazardous waste from the public highway or council-owned land. We don't collect it from private property.

To report hazardous waste dumped on public highway or on council-owned land, use our fly-tipping form:

Report fly-tipping of dangerous waste

City of London hazardous waste collection

The Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Service (HWCDS) is a subsidised collection service for London residents in all London boroughs except in the London Borough of Hillingdon. City of London will collect wrapped sheets of bonded asbestos or builders’ rubble bags of broken asbestos. Small quantities of fibrous asbestos (no more than one bag of 80 litre capacity) can be collected.

If you have wrapped asbestos or boxed chemicals (including paint) you can use the City of London's household hazardous waste collection and disposal service.

You can also find information on the City of London's website about the collection and disposal of:

  • asbestos
  • vehicle batteries
  • chemical fluids (such as bleach, brake fluid, battery fluid, print toner, oils)
  • fridges and freezers
  • gas canisters
  • hazardous waste containers
  • paints and solvents
  • pesticides or insecticides
  • weedkillers or herbicide

Clinical waste

Call 0330 122 4220 to arrange for a clinical waste/needles box. Form more information on how to dispose of needles or sharps see the NHS website.