The council’s Health and Safety Team works to ensure that employers and the self employed within the borough manage their workplaces with due regard to the Health and safety of their workforce and those affected by their work activities.
We are responsible for the enforcement of health and safety legislation in the following types of premises:
- banks and building societies
- theatres and cinemas
- leisure activities
- sports stadia
- nurseries and playgroups
- beauty parlours
- boarding kennels and catteries
- pubs and clubs
- museums (privately owned)
- places of worship
- sheltered accommodation and care homes
- wholesale and retail warehouses
Most other workplaces in the borough are enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).