Health and safety

Reporting health and safety concerns or complaints

If you have a concern or complaint about the way health and safety is managed in your workplace, you should in the first instance, if possible, discuss your concern with your employer or union representative. If this is unsuccessful or if a vulnerable person is concerned, we may investigate your complaint.

You can send details of your concern to us by post, to:

Health and Safety Team
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Lower Ground Floor
Barking Town Hall
1 Town Square
IG11 7LU

Or by email health&

Please provide a contact telephone number so that we may contact you to discuss your concerns if necessary and to inform you of the outcome of any investigation.

Please be advised that we are unlikely to investigate any complaints that are sent to us anonymously, although you may ask us to investigate without disclosing your identity to your employer.