Council house repairs
If you can smell gas, please call the gas emergency helpline on 0800 111 999
To report an electricity emergency, contact the electricity emergency helpline on 0800 404 090
If there is a power cut, do not call your electricity supplier. Please call 105
Works where you may be experiencing delays
We are currently experiencing longer than normal delays with our suppliers for door entry spares. We are in constant contact with our suppliers and will hopefully be able to provide an update on the availability of materials as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for the delays you may be experiencing for repairs being carried out with your door entry system.
During the lockdown period our repairs team were only carrying out emergency works. This has led to a backlog of outstanding works which we are now in the process of prioritising for these repairs to be carried out. It may be a case where we need to use our Subcontractors due to the high level of jobs that require completing.
If your repair is passed to one of our approved Subcontractors, then they will contact you direct to book an appointment and they will also show ID prior to entering your property.
To keep our customers and staff safe:
- all our operatives will be wearing full PPE including face masks
- any discussion with our operatives about the repair will be completed outside the property
We need you to:
- maintain a safe social distance from our operatives as they carry out repairs
- please wear a face covering
- ventilate the home and work area prior to and during the appointment by opening windows and internal doors
If either customers or staff feel unsafe, the operative can leave the property if the repair has been made safe.
Council house repairs
We are responsible for some of the repairs to your council home and you are responsible for the rest. For the repairs we are responsible for, we will only carry out the work if it is a result of fair wear and tear.
If yourself or your visitors have caused the damage, or you would like us to carry out work to repairs you are responsible for, we will but we will charge you.
You may be able to claim back the cost of the repair through your personal contents insurance. It is up to you to check your policy details to see if you are covered for accidental damage.
Other recharges will include:
- £25 plus VAT for any appointments that you make and are not at home to keep
- £300 plus VAT for gas safety checks that we have to make by court order if you've not allowed us access or refused to make an appointment for your gas safety check
Repairs and maintenance survey
Would you like to get involved in improving the repairs and maintenance service? Then we want to hear from you! Please complete our Repairs and Maintenance Survey, which should only take a few minutes, to share your thoughts.