Skip to main content

Hazardous waste

We only collect hazardous waste from the public highway or council-owned land. We don't collect it from private property.

Examples of hazardous waste

  • asbestos
  • vehicle batteries
  • chemical fluids (such as bleach, brake fluid, battery fluid, print toner, oils)
  • fridges and freezers
  • gas canisters
  • hazardous waste containers
  • clinical waste (such as medicines, needles, syringes)
  • paints and solvents
  • pesticides or insecticides
  • weedkillers or herbicide

If you have wrapped asbestos or boxed chemicals (including paint) you can use the City of London's household hazardous waste collection and disposal service.

Apply online

Or call 020 7332 3433 to arrange a collection.

To report hazardous waste dumped on public highway or on council-owned land, use our fly-tipping form:

Report fly-tipping of dangerous waste