Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Complete Change of address form if receiving Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support at old address
- Provide proof of new tenancy and any other changes
- Complete New claim if not claiming at previous address
- Request Housing Benefit on Two Homes.
Where someone is claiming Housing Benefit then Housing Benefit on 2 homes can be paid for up to 4 weeks in the following circumstances:
- Due to an unavoidable overlapping liability. This is where the resident has moved to the new address, but remains liable to pay rent at the previous address due to a notice period requirement. NB the resident must have moved to the new address for HB to be paid at the new address.
- Where the move is delayed due to waiting for structural adaptions for a disability to be made at the new address.