Skip to main content

See more information and updates on the Barking Riverside fire

Report road and pavement problems

You can contact us to report road damage, street issues or flooding. You can tell us about potholes, abandoned vehicles, streetlights and highway obstructions. We have information about our highway inspections and road maintenance programme.

Report a pothole, or a road or pavement defect

Potholes and damaged roads can be dangerous for motorists and cyclists. We are responsible for potholes and other defects on local roads and pavements. 

You can use our online form to report a pothole. To use the form, you need to be signed in to your Barking and Dagenham Council My Account. If you don’t have one, you can register for My Account.

Report a pothole or highway defect

Report a defect on A12, A13 or A406

TfL manages 3 A roads in the borough: A12, A13 and A406 (North Circular). Roadworks and street faults on these roads should be reported to TfL.

Report roadworks and street faults to TFL

Report illegal front garden parking

It is an offence under Section 184 of the Highways Act 1980 to drive a vehicle across the kerb and pavement (footway) to gain access to a property if a properly constructed dropped kerb is not in place.

You can report illegal front garden parking online and you need to be signed in to your My Account to do so. If you don’t have one, you can create a My Account.

Report illegal front garden parking

Report a problem with a road sign

To report a faulty or missing street name plate or road sign, call us on 020 8215 3005 or email

To report a vandalised or missing speed limit sign, use our road safety report form.

Report a problem with a road sign

Report an obstruction of your dropped kerb

White T bar markings in front of a dropped kerb are advisory, but where a vehicle parks across any dropped kerb without the permission of the property owner/occupier, a penalty charge notice can be issued.

We can only enforce this offence after a complaint has been received, because you can give someone permission to park there, so we need to know if someone is parked there without your consent.

Use our form to report a vehicle obstruction.

Report a dropped kerb obstruction

Report a vehicle overhanging from a driveway on to a pavement or road

Use our form to report a vehicle overhanging a driveway on to a pavement or a road.

Report an overhanging vehicle