Barking and Dagenham is a great place to work. We have a rapidly growing young population and new schools being built every year. Nearly all of our schools are good or outstanding which makes Barking and Dagenham a great place to start and develop your teaching career.
Our teachers are the most important resource for our pupils, so we will support your career development and encourage you every step of the way. We will provide a wealth of training and development opportunities to support your career progression and enable you to be the best teacher that you can be, and become one of future school leaders.
We are recruiting aspirational and experienced professionals to make a real difference to the lives of children in Barking and Dagenham and help them to achieve to reach their full potential.
Our current school vacancies are listed weekly or contact the directly to get more information and to apply.
School vacancy bulletin 12 July 2019 (PDF, 212 KB)
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) Toggle accordion
Barking and Dagenham is a great place to start your teaching career with excellent opportunities for career progression within our schools.
Through the focused work of the school improvement partnership (BDSIP), all NQTs receive support and mentoring throughout their induction year. You will have access to bespoke training and receive close guidance as you become better and better. You will meet other NQTs every week, have close support from successful teachers and receive continuous encouragement to develop your teaching skills to ensure your every success.
See our weekly list of school vacancies or contact the directly to get more information and to apply.
We pay our NQTs the inner London weighting allowance which means you can expect to earn a minimum of £28,660 and even higher with the recent pay award, and with progression on the upper pay range your salary can reach £47,298. With promotion into leadership roles your salary will be even higher.
Teachers trained overseas Toggle accordion
We welcome teachers who have been trained overseas. We will provide you with all the support and advice you may need to make your transition into the UK education system as smooth as possible.
Benefits of teaching in Barking & Dagenham Toggle accordion
- a great starting salary with excellent prospects of promotion and progression.
- make lots of new friends and colleagues in our vibrant school communities
- receive strong support from experienced school colleagues who will encourage and guide you all the way;
- regular in-school help and time to prepare and plan your lessons
- time to meet other newly qualified teachers and share experiences
- excellent training and development opportunities to help you move forward.
- teachers also have access to local reduced rental rates of and 80% of market value*.
- a variety of properties are available, so you can rent alone, flat share, or move in with your family and we have a range of 1 to 4 bedrooms available depending on your needs*
*terms and conditions apply